I think most of us can agree that we need more time for ourselves. In moments of frustration, annoyance, stress or burn out we can crave quiet. A quiet moment when nothing demands our attention are sometimes few and far between. A moment to refocus, breath and not have to answer to anyone.
This can be hard to do for many people. I have read that starting off your day with meditation is the best way to start your day and set your intentions and I agree. A time to center yourself and set your intentions for the day is great and has many proven benefits. But what about the rest of the day? When the day catches up to you and starts nipping at your heels. I think anyone who works, has children, is a student or any other responsibilities you may have could all use a little moment in their day just for them.
Here are a few tips on what you can do to re-center and give yourself a breather throughout the day.
· Stand a few minute in the shower and breath
· The bathroom is a great place to take a moment to just breath. I personally like this one because you can do it anywhere there is a bathroom. Restaurants, campus, work, when you’re out shopping, home or other people’s homes…etc.
· Get outside. Take your morning beverage and sit outside and drink it. Leave your phone inside.
· Stop and take deep breaths when you step outside to take out the garbage. I personally love taking out the garbage at night. I love to stop and look up at the moon and stars.
· Sit a few extra minute in your car when you get home or do an extra lap around the block.
These are just a few ways that I have tried and have really made a difference. I also find that sitting outside at night is relaxing because the energy is quieter and more peaceful. I know when I take these little moments throughout the day it helps my mood immensely and I feel re-focused and able to give my full attention back to my day.
Let me know in the comment section below how you carve out little moments for yourself throughout the day to re-focus and re-center.